Saturday, October 6, 2012

John-Douglas



JD is growing leaps and bounds. I look at him and I can not believe the little boy that he has become. I can still see the baby I held so long ago, but I see the little man he has become. He has such a strong personality and so intelligent! The stuff that he comes up with, I stare and wonder where it came from. "Mommy, that stop sign is an octagon!" "Mommy, animals that eat plants are herbivores!" What 3 1/2 year old knows these things!

My big boy started Pre-school this year. He only goes 2 days a week, but he loves going! He's enjoying getting to play with other kids, and he does love to learn. There are days I have to pull him out of there screaming... other kids scream at drop off! Haha. We only had one of those days! He enjoys his crafts, getting to play with the kids and then learning all the new stuff.

He finally fully potty trained around the beginning of August, and has been doing amazing with it. Can go on car trips, over night and swimming without any accidents. It was such a difficult road, and I almost thought it never would happen, but he just woke up one day, and it was done!

He is very strong willed though. He will tell you what is on his mind, and if there is something he wants, well he will do it! There are days I love this about him, and days it makes me cringe, bite my tongue and take deep breaths!

But with it all, I love that little man. I can see so much in him, and I stand in wonder every day at what he learns, how he learns and what the future holds. When my little "man of the house" is away, I feel out of sorts. He's taken on the role and loves being a bit bossy as of late. This is one thing we have to work on.

Sadly, when I look at him... I can see that my baby is no longer a baby. He has lost all his baby features. He looks so much older then most kids his age, and he stands over a head taller then all the kids in his class. I miss those baby checks, but the one thing I love most.. he still loves when his mommy kisses his nose! I'm sure when he's in his teens, that won't be the case...so for now, I'll cherish every impromptu hug and kiss, every nose kiss and every "I love you Mommy!"

3 1/2 already... where has the time gone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment